Holiday Networking: Practice Makes Perfect!
Chicago SHRM Transition Member | Free Event
If you are having trouble registering, contact Chicago SHRM
All attendees will receive a discount code to our December 7th Holiday Networking Party
8:30am Registration and Networking
Back by popular demand, the Chicago SHRM Transition Committee is here to help you polish your networking skills just in time for your next holiday party.
Whether you’re looking to find a new job, connect with like-minded HR professionals, or simply expand your circles of influence, you need to be intentional about building your network. Too often, people approach networking as a necessary evil, rather than as the enjoyable, fruitful experience it truly can be. This session will uncover how introverts and extroverts alike can benefit from a fresh perspective… and put newfound strategies to immediate use this holiday season!
Benefits of Attending:
- Participants will learn the building blocks of effective networking
- Participants will identify the potential strengths and limitations of their personality style
- Participants will create a basic value statement / elevator pitch
- Participants will hear from a self-proclaimed introvert, who has made networking work for him
- Participants will leave with specific strategies for starting/ending casual conversations and building genuine rapport
Erich Kurschat (www.linkedin.com/in/erichkurschat) is a seasoned corporate human resources professional, dynamic DiSC instructor, proud Chicago SHRM member, and founder of the Chicago HR Mastermind (www.HRHotSeat.com) and HR coaching/consulting company Harmony Insights (www.harmonyinsights.com). Erich helps organizations and individuals navigate diverse personality styles to enhance communication skills and define meaningful, productive work and workplace relationships. For more than 17 years, Erich has partnered internationally with thousands of business leaders, via company workshops and one-on-one coaching, to get the most out of themselves and their teams. He facilitates a process of learning that is at once deeply introspective, highly interactive, and immediately applicable.