Navigating Emotion to Drive Change to Influence, Engage and Motivate Employees
Chicago SHRM Members $ 69 | Non-Members $ 99
EARN 2.5 SHRM PDCs & 2.5 HRCI RECERTIFICATION CREDIT HOURS
Change is scary. In fact, research says change is significantly more emotional than logical. Even good changes often spark fear and uncertainty. Will I succeed in my new role? Will I be happy in this new city? Will I have the willpower to stay on my diet?
As leaders, we might be thrilled to launch and communicate a new change initiative, but our people are feeling uncertain, scared and, in many cases, skeptical. Communicating the facts alone won’t change the way our people think and feel. We have to take a more thoughtful and systematic approach to ensuring emotional and intellectual engagement. In this interactive and lively session, participants will explore how organizations can navigate the emotional implications of change on their employees and accelerate adoption and commitment through a proven framework.
In this interactive and lively session, participants will explore how organizations can navigate the emotional implications of change on their employees and accelerate adoption and commitment through a proven framework.
Attendees will learn:
- Why it’s critical for organizations to address emotion when implementing a significant change.
- What emotion can look like in your organization and how it may hinder success.
- A proven framework that will capture the hearts and minds of employees and accelerate change.
- How to use creative methods to maximize alignment, engagement and organization-wide commitment.
- How to measure an employee’s emotional state, on micro and macro levels, and turn that information into tactical next steps to ensure a lasting change.
Chris Williams heads up the team for Root in Chicago. Chris is a strategic change expert, with a particular passion for culture transformation and strategic onboarding. He has worked with an extensive range of global and local organizations on initiatives such as enterprise strategy deployment, operational excellence, IT transformation, and culture change. Chris speaks regularly at human resources, learning and development, change management, and onboarding conferences and is considered an energy amplifier in group facilitation environments.
Event cancellations must be received 3 full business days in advance of the event by e-mail to qualify for a refund.
If you have any question or need any further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 368-0188.