Make Up or Break Up:
Navigating Employee Relations Cases Successfully
Chicago SHRM Members $ 49 | Non-Members $ 79
EARN 2.5 SHRM PDCs & 2.5 HRCI RECERTIFICATION CREDITS
Our people are the most important assets to our organization. Despite our best efforts to hire the right people or coach our managers, sometimes things go sideways. At that point in time, HR and the manager, must take action and ensure that they do everything in their power to coach the employee to a better state. That may lead to improved performance or it may be exiting the employee out of the company. Either way there is a way to do this respectfully, and keep your company out of court.
During this workshop, attendees will:
- Walk through the entire employee relations process from setting expectations, assessing and investigating the issue, documentation, how to handle the performance meeting with the employee, and terminating the employee effectively, including exploring additional critical topics such as:
- Sources for Advice
- Risks of Not Taking Action
- Unemployment Hearing - What they are looking for?
- Practice the skills you learn during this interactive session through case studies and open discussion
- Leave the workshop with examples and best practices that will build your confidence in handling any employee relations issue on your own
Stephanie Martinez, SHRM-CP, PHR, CEO & Founder - HRDesigned4U LLC
Stephanie Martinez is a successful HR leader, consultant, facilitator and coach with 19 years in HR. Focused on working with small to mid-sized organizations to customize solutions around their people issues. She focuses on four key areas which include: talent solutions, developing and retaining talent, getting the organization in compliance, and establishing a strong foundation and structure for HR that aligns with the business. Stephanie is a results-driven leader with extensive experience in talent management, development, strategic planning, organizational effectiveness, executive coaching, and employee relations as a Human Resources (HR) practitioner and consultant. Stephanie enjoys working with stakeholders, senior executives, HR leaders, and first line managers on the people issues that are prohibiting their organization from reaching their full potential. She has worked with organizations on setting the direction for the organization through a SWOT Analysis/Strategic Planning sessions; creating training sessions around having constructive conversations and managing performance; or defining a talent acquisition strategy that hires for people that will enhance the culture and productivity of the organization. Stephanie strives to work with her clients as a trusted partner and sincerely cares about making a difference in their organization. It’s not about her, it’s about them.
Event cancellations must be received 3 full business days in advance of the event by e-mail to qualify for a refund.
If you have any question or need any further information, please contact us at email@example.com or (312) 368-0188.